PPA Confers Award to 2017 Most Outstanding VPA and VPA Association
In celebration of the National Volunteer Month and to recognize the achievements of the Agency’s volunteers, the Parole and Probation Administration through the National Committee on Volunteerism, gave awards to the Most Outstanding Volunteer Probation Assistants (VPAs) and Associations in a ceremony held last December 11, 2017 at the PPA-DOJ Multi-Purpose Hall in Quezon City.
The winners for the two (2) categories are:
- 1st place – VPA Alberto F. Floretes (Samar PPO
- 2nd place – VPA Maria Linda L. Alcasid (Butuan City PPO)
- 3rd place – VPA Angelica S. Nacawili (Bais City PPO)
Outstanding VPA Association
- 1st place – Cadiz City VPA Association
- 2nd place – United VPA of 3rd District-Davao City PPO #3
- 3rd place – IWAG VPA Association, Inc.
Winners were given plaques of recognition and cash prizes. Former PPA Regional Director Susan B. Bornas was also conferred with an award recognizing her effort and initiatives undertaken with regard to the volunteerism program of the Agency.
Guests during the awarding ceremony were Mr. Benjamin Leaño, President of OVPAPHIL, and Atty. Francisco A. Rivera, Governor of Rotary International D-3780. The awarding rites was also attended by Administrator Manuel G. Co and Deputy Administrator Lorna A. Yumul who gave their respective messages on the importance and vital role of the volunteers in the rehabilitation and supervision work of the Agency’s field workers.